This Resolving 3-Plane Traffic Conflicts by Changing Route—Problem Set C interactive also includes:
Keep the planes from crashing. Pupils work with three airplanes and change their flight paths to keep them at a safe distance from each other. Individuals work through three problems in the third interactive in a set of six with decreasing levels of structure provided. The scholars analyze the flight paths to determine the conflict and to come up with a solution.
- Lead a discussion on the relationships of the airplanes if working strictly as a distance-time problem
- Brainstorm other solutions to the problems
- The class should be familiar with the sector diagram and working with two airplanes
- The simulations let individuals test their solutions
- Answer key uses number lines to show spacing