Don't simply proofread ... revise instead! Revising drafts is the topic of the 17th handout in UNC's Writing the Paper series of 24 lessons. Writers discover the importance of revision, as well as steps to follow during the process.
5 Views 7 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Provide a prompt and have learners free write for 15-20 minutes; then, practice revising what they wrote
- Write a sample paper and model the revision process for the class, sharing your thinking as you go
- If printing, focus on the bullet points found on pages two and three
- Approaches the concept from the perspective of the student, addressing common concerns
- Bolds key questions and provides concise answers
- Lacks specific examples of the revision process except in the sentence-level revision section at the end