This Revolution! The Atlantic World Reborn lesson plan also includes:
- Graphics & Images
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
This resource is rich with primary and secondary source material regarding major events in the Atlantic world during the Age of Revolution. While there are suggested classroom activities toward the beginning of the resource, its true value lies in the reproductions of such major historical documents as the United States Declaration of Independence, the Haitian Declaration of Independence, and the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Use the sentence frames in the Classroom Guide as a solid framework for considering the theme of freedom and what it means to different individuals as you review the instructional materials.
- Images and descriptions provide for a variety of historical figures in the revolutionary period in the Atlantic (e.g. Phillis Wheatley, Toussaint Louverture, etc.)
- Extensive background information provided for both teachers and learners
- Includes map and timeline activities, primary and secondary source documents, discussion questions, etc.
- Requires significant amount of outside research for class members
- Document originally based on an exhibition and digital media that is not accessible
- Teacher will need to provide great deal of instructional support and activities for lessons