Start a 10-Day Free Trial to Unlock the Full Review
Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
Time is growing short. Teams work together to identify physical properties of rocks in order to determine the properties that would best suit their cavern shelter design.
13 Views 16 Downloads NGSS: Designed
- Have class members bring in rocks they have found and determine their types
- It would be beneficial if the class had general knowledge of rocks and minerals
- Each group needs a rock test kit with the rock samples
- The activity is the fifth in a series of eight
- The activity has a flow chart to help with the identification of the rock samples
- Includes a link where you can order a rock kit that will have the needed types of rocks
- There are some slight typos in the handouts
- Rocks, Rocks, Rocks
- Rocks, Rocks, Rocks Worksheet (PDF)
- Rocks, Rocks, Rocks Worksheet (Doc)
- Rock Test Data Table (PDF)
- Rock Test Data Table (Doc)
- Rock Identification Flow Chart
- Alabraska Geology Map