This Roe v. Wade lesson plan also includes:
At what point does the right of privacy end and the government begin? Scholars research rights under the Ninth Amendment to the Constitution. Using the 1973 Roe v. Wade Supreme Court case as a starting point, along with small group work and a short video, class members formulate their own opinions based on the conclusions the justices of the highest court in the land made.
- Create group work around the various resources found on History.com about the Roe v. Wade case
- Split class in half and debate the Supreme Court ruling in Roe v. Wade
- Abortion, the focus of Roe v. Wade case is a sensitive, an emotionally charged topic; therefore, a protocol must be in place for a respectful discussion
- Resource provides Stop and Think portions of group work for collaboration and thought
- Includes printable worksheets and materials for classroom use