This Roller Coaster interactive also includes:
Roller coasters rely on both kinetic and potential energy, but how much total energy does a roller coaster need? Scholars vary the mass of a coaster and the height of the initial hill. Graphs showing the types of energy and total energy appear as the simulation plays.
- Challenge pupils to build their own roller coasters with LEGO® or K'NEX® or another building system with a small motor
- Requires a free CK-12 account to access the interactive
- Assumes prior knowledge of mass, energy, and how to interpret graphs
- Information buttons on the variables and the graphs go into more detail about the science concepts
- Provides answers to some of the worksheet questions