This Roller Coaster activity also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Take a marble out for a roll. Using a section of flexible tubing, pupils build a roller coaster that will allow for a marble to act as the car. Learners create a loop, hill, and jump in their coasters by taping the tubing to different supports. The scholars test their designs by trying to get the marble all the way along the tube and into a cup at the end.
- Create roller coasters from the same length of tubing and determine which is faster
- If the track fails have pupils determine what went wrong and fix it
- Requires space large enough to lay out the six feet of roller coaster track
- Includes suggestions for extensions
- Contains a scientific description of what is happening with the roller coaster