Jump ropes, dock lines, cables. The science and technology behind rope making is the focus of a seven-page packet that ends with a rope making challenge.
29 Views 11 Downloads
- Label the parts of the rope-making device, project the images, and use them as illustrations during the model making process
- Collect samples of various types of ropes to use as models
- The activity requires extensive materials and preparation time
- The directions are, at times, hard to follow; therefore, in order to be prepared for student questions, prior to using the activity in the classroom, instructors should attempt the exercise and create their own samples
- The packet also includes information on the history of rope making, rope-making machines, and the strengths and weaknesses of the various types of materials used to create ropes
- The directions and explanations for the rope making challenge are at times, difficult to understand