This Rotations of 180 Degrees lesson plan also includes:
What happens when rotating an image 180 degrees? The sixth lesson in the series of 18 takes a look at this question. Learners discover the pattern associated with 180-degree rotations. They then use transparency paper to perform the transformations.
- Use a graphic organizer to record new vocabulary and examples for each transformation type
- Assign the problem set as homework for independent practice
- Requires transparency paper and pen for each pupil
- Emphasizes notation and vocabulary throughout the lesson
- Uses coordinate geometry to show the pattern of the coordinates with 180-degree rotations