Demonstrate the concept of rounding decimals through video instruction. The instructor shows examples of rounding to both the tenths and hundredths places.
7 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use graph paper and have individuals line up the numbers in place value positions defined on the graph paper
- Post the video for absent pupils and those needing extra instruction
- Expects fluency with place value of whole numbers and decimals
- Includes examples of whole numbers mixed with decimals to allow for comparison
- Pupils can watch the video over and over until they understand the process of rounding decimals
- Instructor talks quickly, which may be difficult for young learners to follow