This Routers and Redundancy lesson plan also includes:
How are messages to the right recipient? Introduce the concept of routing Internet traffic by drawing a comparison to sending a letter. Groups use the Internet Simulator program to send messages to others using the same router and then different routers. They then take a look at the different routes the Internet uses to the send the messages.
- Print a router log for the class to see
- Invite a person from a local Internet provider to discuss the router setup they use
- Some class members may not be familiar with routers if they only have one computer at home connected to a modem
- The lesson is the 11th in a series of 19
- The lesson plan contains assessment questions to determine pupils' understanding
- Provides a discussion goal to ensure the point is made during the discussion portion of the lesson