Start a 10-Day Free Trial to Unlock the Full Review
Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
A Rube Goldberg machine does not really look like it would make work easier. Introduce your class to Rube Goldberg with a resource that shows how his inventions make simple tasks harder to complete.
21 Views 27 Downloads NGSS: Designed
- Research some of the other Rube Goldberg cartoons and have the class identify the simple machines
- Divide the class into groups and have them draw a compound machine that uses all six simple machines
- The activity assumes pupils have an understanding of the six simple machines
- The ninth in a 10-part series
- The plan comes with a graphic to explain a Rube Goldberg machine
- The resource includes assessments
- The lesson plan does not spell out the instructional method
- Rube Goldberg's Self-Operating Napkin (doc)
- Rube Goldberg's Self-Operating Napkin (pdf)
What Members Say
- Monica L.
- Russell, PA