This Ruling Out Chance (part 1) lesson plan also includes:
What are the chances? Teach your classes to answer this question using mathematics. The first part of a three-day lesson on determining significance differences in experimental data prompts learners to analyze the data by determining the mean and calculating the differences among groups.
- Assign the practice problems as independent practice
- Form collaborative groups to complete the exercises independently
- Best if used in sequence with the other lessons in a 30-part series
- Firmly establishes the concept of randomization and group means
- Provides detailed teacher notes with clear focus