This Safety and the Material Safety Data Sheet lesson plan also includes:
While many chemicals are used in biology class, many pupils don't understand the material safety data sheets. The lesson explains each part and the importance of understanding the forms. Young scientists use safety equipment to ensure confidence if it is needed in an accident.
- Make copies of the MSDS for water and block out the name and formula to see if learners can guess based on the safety information
- Make sure all classroom MSDS are up to date before the lesson
- Verify all safety equipment works and is in good condition
- The second in a series of three lessons
- Includes extension ideas
- Provides many strategies for differentiation