This Sailboat Design Requirements lesson plan also includes:
Sailboat design requires more than a half-circle and triangle sketch. After viewing a slideshow presentation that outlines the requirements for sailboat design, learners draw a design, perform the needed calculations, and write a paper explaining their designs based upon their calculations.
- Extend the lesson with a project in which pupils build a model of their own design, and present their designs with a gallery walk
- Some pupils may struggle with writing well-constructed paragraphs to provide explanations
- The final lesson in a seven-part series
- The included spreadsheet calculates the desired calculations
- Provides a rubric to score the design write-ups