This Sample Guided Reading Lesson for Emergent Readers lesson plan also includes:
Give your guided reading lesson plan a boost with a sample lesson plan designed to reinforce academic content covered in previous assessments. The sample plan describes how the story and activities were chosen and offers the following sections; before reading, pre-reading, introducing the text, during reading, after reading, and after-reading activities; all of which produce a detailed plan for easy implementation.
- Create a themed bulletin board with pictures reflecting the topic of the book you choose
- Assign different books based on the needs of your guided reading groups
- Share the sample reading lesson plan with fellow teachers at a staff meeting or professional learning community (PLC)
- Modify the lesson with another story of similar topic and reading level
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The lesson provides a rationale, lesson steps, and possible challenges regarding the book they chose; looking at similar aspects of your classroom, this example can assist in the choice of book you make for your reading group
- General reflection questions are offered to both teachers and learners'
- The story Glasses by Francis Lee is not available