This Sampling and Estimating: Counting Trees lesson plan also includes:
Your task today: count all the trees on a tree farm. To complete the assignment, learners first estimate the number of trees on a tree farm using random sampling. To improve their own response they then evaluate provided responses to the same task.
- Team up with a science teacher for the lesson
- Activity requires materials; see materials list in teacher guide
- Lesson can be split over two days; lesson guide indicates where to stop on the first day
- Includes printable student worksheets
- Teacher guide has a set of questions to facilitate discussion