This Sampling in Archaeology lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Compare different random sampling types using an archaeological setting. Scholars collect data from an archaeological plot using simple random samples, stratified random samples, systematic random samples, and cluster random samples. They then compare results and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each method.
- Use a graphic organizer to record the different types of random sampling with specific examples
- Requires graphing calculators to make statistical calculations
- Prior to this activity, pupils should have a basic understanding of random sampling
- Includes an assessment to check for understanding after the lesson
- Provides handouts and answer keys for each part of the lesson