This Sampling or Assignment? activities & project also includes:
Each discipline has its own vocabulary, terms it uses to identify key concepts and processes. Sample, to psychologists, refers to those people (participants) a researcher is studying, while assignment refers to the treatment conditions assigned to a participant. A worksheet asks high schoolers enrolled in a psychology class, to label five difference scenarios as examples of sampling or of assignment.
- Ask individuals to craft their own examples of a sampling and of a assignment
- Project page one of the activity that explains the task and copy only page two
- Presumes the class has discussed the five "Key Points to Remember" reference
- The first activity in a three-part series on psychology research methods and statistics
- Includes an answer key with detailed explanations