This Sampling Variability in the Sample Mean (part 1) lesson plan also includes:
How accurate is data collected from a sample? Learners answer this question using a simulation to model data collected from a sample population. They analyze the data to understand the variability in the results.
3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Collect data from an entire population, such as all the students in your math classes; run the simulation to model this data
- Pupils need a graphing calculator or similar software to generate random numbers and make statistical calculations
- Builds on concepts from previous lessons in this series of 30 lessons
- Lesson allows pupils to explore the concept through discovery
- Questions posed generate higher-level analytical thinking