This Sampling Variability in the Sample Mean (part 2) lesson plan also includes:
Reduce variability for more accurate statistics. Through simulation, learners examine sample data and calculate a sample mean. They understand that increasing the number of samples creates results that are more representative of the pupulation mean.
- Ask for actual ACT or SAT scores to use as the population data
- The lesson continues as part two in a two-part lesson
- Requires a graphing calculator for simulation and statistics calculations
- Provides an exit ticket as a conclusion to the activity with a worked-out answer key
- Includes detailed teacher notes to use throughout the lesson to guide learners as they complete the activity