This Sampling Variability in the Sample Proportion (part 2) lesson plan also includes:
Increase your sample and increase your accuracy! Scholars complete an activity that compares sample size to variability in results. Learners realize that the greater the sample size, the smaller the range in the distribution of sample proportions.
- Provide learners with a handout and ask them to complete the lesson independently; summarize their findings as a group
- A continuation of the previous lesson in this series
- Learners need Internet access or graphing calculators to simulate flipping a coin
- The 14th installment in a series of 30 lessons
- Reinforces previously learned concepts throughout the lesson
- Questions encourage higher-level analytical thinking