This isn't rocket science, you know. A performance task has learners use right triangle trigonometry to calculate distances from stations on Earth to a satellite. It also requires finding the distance between two stations along the surface of the earth by using arc lengths.
- Use the worksheet as a homework assignment
- A calculator with trigonometric functions is necessary
- Learners should be familiar with how to determine arc length
- Provides a diagram that makes the situation easy to visualize
- Includes correct answer explanations and a rubric