This Satellites, Shuttles, and Space Stations: Satellites in Orbit interactive also includes:
Blast off! How do satellites, space shuttles, and space stations escape Earth's gravity and achieve orbit? Young astronauts study rocket science (literally) with an interactive lesson. They discover the four main uses for satellites, how space shuttles are designed, and how astronauts survive and conduct research aboard the International Space Station.
- Use the ample lesson extensions located toward the end of the Learn More section
- Consider watching the LEGO shuttle launch as a class, then discuss the video as an example of experimental design
- Register for a free CK-12 account to use the resource
- The force simulator is easy to use and provides a simple example of escape velocity
- Interactive reinforces the vocabulary needed to adequately explain how satellites, space shuttles, and space stations are launched