This Saving Those Who Save Us: Exploring the Use of Sensors with Data Visualization lesson plan also includes:
Sensor technology is amazingly accurate and useful. Combining the sensor technology and mathematical knowledge, scholars design experiments to answer a question they have developed. Questions may focus on light sensing, temperature sensing, or even movement sensing. Once they collect data, pupils analyze a scatterplot and draw conclusions.
- Ask each group to define a different question to analyze, preferably with each using a different sensor
- Requires specific TI technology sensors to complete the explorations
- Learns should be familiar with different environmental measurements such as humidity, pressure, temperature, etc.
- Adds relevance to mathematical practices
- Provides important background information for both students and teachers