This Savvy Spending: Sharpening Money Decisions lesson plan also includes:
Do you really need that new laptop/phone/dress/jacket/etc.? Financial decisions require us to distinguish between our wants and our needs. Through discussion and the evaluation of scenarios on provided worksheets, this resource will allow your pupils to explore the practice of spending wisely and making smart choices.
- Consider an additional discussion prompt asking class members to recall a time when saving money, or choosing a less fashionable option, turned out to work for the better in the long run
- This is the eleventh lesson in a series of 22 designed to help young adults build a solid foundation of financial literacy
- Includes use of a modern song that students will enjoy
- Great lesson for introducing opportunity cost and wants vs. needs
- All activity sheets and answer keys included