This Scale City — Inverse Proportions and Shadows in the Real World activity & project also includes:
Bring the resource out from the shadows. Viewers of a short video learn about drive-in theaters and how operators project images onto a large screen. They then perform an experiment to determine the relationship between the distance of an object from a light source and the size of its shadow.
- Team up with a history and/or science teacher for a cross-curricular lesson
- Activity requires a projector or other light source
- Experience with proportional reasoning is necessary
- Part of the Math at the Core MS: Ratios playlist
- Provides a teacher guide with answers
- Gives a website for further information