This Scale City — One-Dimensional Scaling in the Real World video also includes:
Dinosaurs sure were big! Viewers of an engaging video discover the Dinosaur World in Kentucky and how scales and proportional reasoning factor into the dinosaur models in the park. They then work through several problems on scales and relative sizes. The video is one part of a larger Math at the Core MS: Ratios playlist.
- Team up with a science teacher to conduct a cross-curricular lesson on dinosaurs
- Knowledge of ratios and proportions is a prerequisite
- Decide whether to provide learners with calculators
- Provides several optional extension activities
- Video is also available in Spanish