This Scale City — Proportional Relationships in the Real World activity & project also includes:
Strive to determine your stride. Scholars first view an informative video on the Kentucky Horse Park and the 28-feet stride of the Man o' War. They then work together in groups to find the length of their own strides by using the number of strides it takes to cover 28 feet and applying proportional reasoning.
- Take the class outside for the activity
- Team up with a physical education teacher for the lesson
- Pupils should have experience with ratios and rates
- Provides a separate teacher guide
- Includes timing suggestions to keep class on track