This Scale City — Similar Figures in the Real World video also includes:
Bat a perfect thousand when learning about math and baseball. Scholars view an informative video on Babe Ruth and the Louisville Slugger Museum. They answer several questions on batting averages and scale models using ratios and proportional reasoning.
- Team up with the baseball coach or physical education teacher for the lesson
- Familiarity with ratios and proportions is necessary
- Expects students know how to convert units
- Video is part of the Math at the Core MS: Ratios series
- Includes a viewing guide for viewers to complete as they watch the video
- Sports fans appreciate the connection to baseball