This Scale Factors lesson plan also includes:
Is it bigger, or is it smaller—or maybe it's the same size? Individuals learn to describe enlargements and reductions and quantify the result. Lesson five in the series connects the creation of a dilated image to the result. Pupils understand that the ratio used to create the dilation is the scale factor of the image.
- Form collaborative groups and assign different practice problems; have each group present their problem to the entire class
- Instruct pupils to use graph paper to help find measurements
- Learners should already be comfortable with the concept of a dilation and how to create a dilation
- The lesson scaffolds the examples to lead to the desired concept
- Includes an opening activity and exit ticket along with independent practice problems