This Scatter Graphs video also includes:
Make an estimate by getting in line. The class works with scatter plots and lines of best fit to make an estimate for given values. Pupils determine whether there is a positive or negative correlation and draw a best-fit line. Using the drawn line, they determine an estimate to answer a question about the data.
- Conduct a short lesson on drawing best-fit lines
- Have classmates share their estimates and discuss why their answers may be different
- Class members should be able to plot points on a scaled graph
- The presenter in the video works several of the problems in the resource
- Includes the lines needed to make an estimate