Scholars learn to create scatter plots and investigate any relationships that exists between the variables with a lesson that also show them that statistical relationships do not necessarily indicate a cause-and-effect relationship.
3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Have learners find a data set of interest to create a scatter plot
- Pupils should be familiar with the customary system of units
- Lesson touches upon correlation and causation, but does not use these terms
- The sixth lesson in a 16-part series
- Includes scaffolding tips throughout the lesson, primarily for English language learners
- Shows where in the lesson to look for mathematical practices