Show learners how to plot data to determine correlation. A data analysis video gives examples of positive, negative, and no correlation between variables. The final example plots real-life data, provides a line of best fit, and makes a prediction using the line.
- Use the video when a substitute is scheduled to facilitate the lesson
- Prompt learners to write the equation of the line modelled in the last minute
- Have pupils discuss the meaning of the slope and y-intercept of the line
- Requires Internet access to show the YouTube video
- Examples are applicable to students and should generate interest
- Describes content clearly in an engaging, colorful way
- Demonstrates how the shape of the graph determines how one variable affects another