Is there a correlation between the number of cats you own and your age? Use a scatter plot to analyze these correlation questions. Learners plot data and look for positive, negative, or no correlation, then create stem-and-leaf plots to organize data and answer questions.
- Collect some data from your classes and analyze it similarly to the way the examples do
- Use the provided resource to develop a lesson presentation
- Expects learners to be able to plot points efficiently
- Builds understanding through use of context
- Provides detailed, worked-out solutions for each example
- Practice problems do not include data analysis of the scatter plots as taught in the lesson