This Science Can Answer Moral Questions video also includes:
Can questions of morality, good and evil, right and wrong, and/or what is worth living and dying for...be answered by science? Author Sam Harris presents a strong case for the need for a universal conception of human values. He argues that when we talk about facts, certain opinions must be excluded and that as a culture we must work to create an optimal environment for psychological balance.
- Resource will encourage high-level thinking and discourse
- Poses fantastic questions and philosophical ideas on morality
- Could also be an excellent resource for science teachers to begin the school year, to break up an in-depth unit, or for a rainy day!
- Presentation is slow moving in the beginning
- Doesn't involve an in-depth look into science concepts, and is more of a general commentary on scientific thinking as a whole
- Note that the last five minutes of the video, while valuable, are actually in a Q&A format.