Physics plays a role in most sports, and curling is no exception! A video explains how a curling team controls the friction between the stone and the ice to modify its movement.
15 Views 12 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable NGSS: Adaptable
- Create a graphic organizer such as a Frayer model to record new vocabulary
- Follow the video with a lab investigation of surface friction
- Requires background knowledge of the role of surface friction
- Adaptable to various grade levels
- Includes several examples to highlight the important concepts