This Science of NFL Football: Newton's First Law of Motion video also includes:
Why are some football players harder to tackle than others? Turns out physics is the answer. The fifth lesson of the 10-part video series continues connecting the NFL to physics concepts. Young scientists learn about inertia through an examination of football plays and discover how Newton's First Law of Motion applies.
- View additional football video and have pupils identify instances of inertia
- Include additional examples of inertia in real-life situations
- Expects an understanding of velocity and force
- Includes a follow-up laboratory investigation
- Emphasizes scientific vocabulary throughout the video