This Science of NFL Football: Pythagorean Theorem video also includes:
Physics can make football players better. A creative video shows learners how to apply the Pythagorean Theorem to defensive situations. The first of a 10-part video series calculates the distance a defender needs to cover using right triangle mathematics.
- Use the lesson as an introduction to vectors or to practice using the Pythagorean Theorem to find the distance a defender must cover
- Requires a familiarity with using square roots to solve an equation
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Uses real NFL footage to create motivation for the lesson
- Builds a math/science connection to a real-life scenario