This Scramble for Africa activities & project also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
In this fantastic simulation, your young historians take on the roles of imperialistic European countries in the nineteenth century and then "scramble" to carve up the continent of Africa! This is a very hands-on activity that will help your learners to understand the economic and arbitrary motivations of European powers in African colonization.
- Activity directions for students are specific and portray historical information well
- Very engaging activity with room for adaptation
- Will require preparation of materials
- Though the lesson does not specify this, you will need to determine how to identify African countries on the base map