Learn about the mammals of the sea with a activity about seals, sea lions, and walruses. Kids study the characteristics of each pinniped with flash cards and information, and then analyze data about elephant seals, measure heat loss in water, and identify the internal and external anatomy of a squid, among other activities.
- A great addition to your unit on marine life
- Use the math activities to help kids learn to compile and calculate data
- Create a sea mural in your classroom, and feature the animals that kids create in the lesson
- Provides several auxiliary worksheets and graphic organizers for kids to complete the activities
- Bibliography includes several helpful resources and links for extended research