This Seasonal Science: Hurricane video also includes:
Winter, spring, summer, fall, and hurricanes? With the help of a video that is part of a larger Seasonal Science series, learn why hurricanes have a season all their own. Viewers integrate knowledge of the causes of hurricanes, factors that affect weather, and the long-term predictions for changes.
- Research the list of names for hurricanes and where they come from
- Graph the earliest and latest storms of the season over many years to determine if hurricane season is changing
- Video and lesson are available for streaming, downloading, sharing, and modifying
- Adapts easily for middle school through high school
- Includes student and teacher files to accompany the video