This resource also includes:
Four intriguing and scientific activities invite learners to explore the natural resources of their town. The activities cover concepts such as genetic traits, organizing species in a taxonomy, the differences between different species of insects and animals, and the importance of biodiversity in an ecosystem.
- Use throughout the year in different activities, or build upon the biology unit in your curriculum
- Have kids research the natural resources in their own community
- Connect the lessons with a unit on endangered species, ecosystems, or Earth Day
- Lessons are based on the natural resources of Illinois
- Each lesson involves collaborative and hands-on activities
- Encourages research and group cooperation