This Section Three: What's the Status of Biodiversity? lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Biodiversity is essential for every habitat, but many species are at risk due to pollution and other factors. Explore several different species native to Illinois in a gallery walk with posters that learners have created after research and class activities. Additionally, they learn about the fate of the prairie-chicken and the ways that industrialization can lead to habitat loss.
- Use in your unit about habitats and endangered animals
- Adapt the resource to reflect the habitats in your town and community
- Resource is based on the diversity in the habitats of Illinois
- Provides all necessary worksheets and graphic organizers for student use
- Activities are helpful for an earth science class, biology class, or in a language arts class when focusing on informational text