This Sediments lesson plan also includes:
Calcareous ooze ... what an interesting name! The 15th installment of a 23-part NOAA Enrichment in Marine sciences and Oceanography (NEMO) program focuses on sediments found on the ocean floor. After viewing the slideshow lecture, learners take part in an activity mapping sediments on the ocean floor.
- Create a sediment classification chart by gluing sediments of different sizes to an index chart
- Demonstration requires materials such as candy
- Activity handout has quite a bit of reading material, so allow extra class time or assign it as homework
- Resource includes multiple activities, allowing instructors to choose the activity that most closely matches student needs
- Resource includes teacher lecture notes