This Seed Dispersal in Tropical Forests activity & project also includes:
How do seeds get around? It's not like plants can control seed dispersal—or can they? Dig deeper into the amazing mechanisms of seed dispersal observed in tropical plants through interactives, a video, and plenty of hands-on data analysis. Young botanists synthesize information about seed dispersal, then create experiments that generate data to prove or disprove a hypothesis they formulate.
- Use the resource with the accompanying interactive to maximize differentiated instruction
- Include an extension activity to increase the rigor of the resource
- Pupils should be grouped for the activity, but individuals will need their own copy of the worksheet
- Schedule time for groups to have Internet access to do the interactive portion of the lesson
- The resource is adaptable enough to work in regular, honors, and AP biology classes
- Lesson is truly engaging and gives learners the opportunity to work with real data, as well as design their own experiments for data collection