Did you know that some seeds rely on elephant dung for dispersal? Pupils use class discussion and direct instruction based around a presentation to learn about seed types and dispersal methods. Slides vary from presenting content to offering fill-in-the-blank and discussion questions.
- Bring in a variety of seeds for pupils to sort based on the information in the presentation
- Discuss each of the blanks and multiple-choice questions on the slide as a whole class
- Relies on prior knowledge of plants and seeds
- Includes many diagrams and photographs supporting the main concepts
- Relates biology to common foods