When did scientists first view a black hole? Believe it or not, it was 2019! It took a century for the theoretical to become a reality, and a lesson from the larger It's Okay to be Smart series discusses the structure of the black hole and how scientists came to prove its existence. The video also discusses the technology necessary to finally view the black hole.
- Create a guided notes document for pupils to complete as they view the lesson
- Use images from the video to create a lesson presentation
- Consider monitoring YouTube comments if making available for independent viewing
- Interviews the scientist that first viewed the black hole
- Animations help to clarify an abstract concept