This Seismic Activity and California Landforms lesson plan also includes:
By the 19th lesson in the 20-part series, scholars realize volcanoes and earthquakes are related to plate boundaries. The lesson extends and applies the knowledge by having individuals create a bumper sticker for one specific area of California explaining its risk for seismic activity.
- Allow students to make a poster showing the areas of greatest and least risk for the entire state
- Lesson feels rushed to fit into an hour, so plan for more time if possible
- Physical relief map of California needs to be printed in color
- Connects concepts from previous lessons in the series
- Integrates new information about geysers, hot spots, and mud pots