This Seismic Shake-Up! activity & project also includes:
Shake your earthquake-resistant building prototype! Groups create structures using coffee stirrers and clay that can withstand seismic waves. They then test their structures against their own earthquakes.
19 Views 15 Downloads
- Have a contest to see which group's structure stays intact the longest
- Get learners to investigate features of earthquake-resistant structures, such as for the Tokyo Sky Tree
- Consult the guide for complete list of materials
- Lists some problem-solving tips
- Includes both teacher and student guides